Cancelled due to storm Ian, we will reschedule this event to the spring of 2023.
Annual DC Dutch self-guided bike ride in partnership with E-bike Lovers
Welcome to our annual DC Dutch/ E-bike Lovers self-guided bike ride in Washington DC.
This tour is for young and old. Families, friends, neighbors are all welcome. You will bike at your own pace, it is all about enjoying the scenery and being outside.
Please plan to start the tour between 1:30-2pm on Sunday October 2nd at the Anacostia park DC/roller skating pavilion. There is plenty of parking.
At the halfway point (Hains point) DC Dutch will provide dutch snacks. You can even bring your own picnic and take a longer break.
Various monuments can be seen during this route (The Capitol, the municipal Fish Market, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Nationals ballpark stadium, Titanic memorial, the new Frederick Douglas bridge etc).
Donation suggestion: for this event, we appreciate donations, $10 for DC Dutch or EBL members and $15 for non-members. You can donate here. All proceeds will go to DC Dutch.
What do I need to start the bike tour?
- You will need to register for "Ride with GPS", please use this link to sign up! You will then be prompted to download the free App “Ride with GPS” on your cell phone. When you are ready to start the trip use this link for the 'DC Trail 5- the Annual DC Dutch and E-bike Lovers bike ride’ with information, disclaimers and route.
- You need your own bike (regular or E-bike) and helmet. You can rent a bike, or use Capital bike-ride (check closest to starting point).
- Fully charged cell phone to follow the route. You can also print out the bike route. We will have some advanced bikers who are familiar with the app who can assist you at the start of the tour or you can follow one of the other bikers.
- Something to drink (water) and snack/food for picnic (optional) during the tour.
- Don't forget to wear something orange (color of the Dutch) so we can recognize each other!
If you have bike trouble during the ride, there will be a “bezemwagen”/ Sweep. You can of course bring your own bike/tire repair kit.
DC Dutch and E-bike lovers are very excited to coordinate this new event for you. We are looking forward to seeing you on the bike path October 2nd. Rain or shine!
Please register in advance so we can get a total headcount.
More information on the E-bike lovers social group can be found at www.ebikelovers.com